Most parents wonder what is the best age to start violin lessons, if you ask pretty much any violin teacher, they will usually answer, “It depends.”
There are a few signals to see if a child is ready. To be clear, this is specific to violin and other string students:
1. Is my child interested in music?
2. Does my child have a 10 minute attention span?
3. Can my child hold a pencil?
4. Can my child match a note?
5. Can my child follow basic, 3-step instructions?
Before committing, it is recommended to have a trial class to assess whether it’s likely to be a good fit, and also whether the child is ready to dive in. And while it will obviously vary by child.
Begina offers private violin lessons across all the centres, please click the links below for contact and booking.
We are a new and innovative education centre in Sydney's west region providing new ways to teach children literacy, numeracy and creative skills.